By Jeroen van Baarsen
Over 60 hands-on recipes to successfully self-host your individual Git repository utilizing GitLab
About This Book
- Get hands-on with daily initiatives to successfully deal with and administer your repository with GitLab
- Covers complicated subject matters like GitLab non-stop integration and LDAP integration
- Authored by means of a member of the GitLab center staff, this Cookbook offers functional insights into fitting and self-hosting your personal GitLab and GitLab CI server
Who This publication Is For
This e-book is geared toward builders and devops that experience a GitLab server working, and wish to ensure they use it to its complete strength. This publication can be worthy for individuals searching for an excellent Git platform, and the right way to set it up effectively. a few approach administrating event on a UNIX-based approach will be necessary, yet isn't required.
What you are going to Learn
- Install and keep your GitLab instance
- Work with a number of clients, create teams, and configure your venture visibility
- Secure your code with the proper GitLab configuration
- Make the main of the integrated factor tracker, together with merge requests
- Manage your tasks during the GitLab API
- Set up webhooks and approach hooks to obtain notifications
- Manage your GitLab server utilizing LDAP
GitLab is a well-liked, open resource Git web hosting resolution applied by means of greater than 50,000 companies. This publication has a few rigorously selected recipes that will help you opt for the kind of GitLab install that would suit your necessities. besides masking a number of the simple ideas of Git, the e-book covers useful eventualities to teach the way you or your company can successfully deal with your proprietary code.
You will the best way to deal with a number of clients, teams, and the permissions GitLab has for them. Updating your GitLab example, developing backups, and restoring backups are a number of the very important initiatives defined intimately to help you in retaining your GitLab server. furthermore, the GitLab API is commonly lined to lead you thru a few of the operations to regulate your project.